Blog for Ibarionex Perello's Working Photographer 2 class of Fall 2010.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Speed Dating
I would like to say that things went well, but that was after the meetings. Leading up to it was a whole event in itself! I was nerves for a entire month thinking about how I would present myself and my work how they would receive it. In prepping her the event we were asked to have ready some business cards, promo cards, and a well thought out portfolio. At the same time I am also enrolled in a portfolio development class that help me a lot with my book and promo pieces. I advice others to start preparing for this event before 8th term. In the beginning of the event the guest stood up and introduced them selves and we followed them but with a little personal extra statement about ourselves. We had 9 guest and had 15 minutes to interview with each person. They all had a different way of viewing my work. They all pretty much told me the same thing about my book and some gave me good advice on how to go about improving it. One guest started by asking me to talk about myself first, and what drew me to photography. Another started by looking at my book before she said a word to me. A couple of the guest loved all of my work and the rest picked through it and singled out what interested them. In my opinion it was about how they could use my work in there medium and that was plain to see, but a couple wanted to see new work and give real advice on the industry and how to market my work. All in all it was a great experience and would love to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment