Last week my fellow graduates and I participated in Speed Dating. It went well...I guess. I received a lot of positive feedback about my work. A couple people thought I should edit it down, but I'm not going to do that. I'm happy with the amount of work that is in there, but I might work on my pagination a bit before Industry night.
Here is a bit of advice I have to pass on for any soon to be graduates. For those of you planning on putting together a print portfolio for Speed Dating/Industry Night/Grad Show/Life, I would definitely consider purchasing nice quality sleeves for your prints. I was originally opposed to them and was planning on printing double sided and going sleeveless. Due to some unforeseen printing issues, that was no longer an option and I had to purchase sleeves. After an afternoon of Speed Dating and having nine people finger the pages of my book, I am so glad I had them. I was especially grateful for them when I discovered that one of my Speed Daters spits when he talks. If my print wouldn't have been in a sleeve, I might have had to cut somebody. Spit marks and greasy fingerprints all over your prints is not a good look...just saying...
www.thetokenblackgirl.com
No comments:
Post a Comment